LOC Call Numbers and Links to Online Book Sellers
- The following list of Thurber's works may be found at most public and university libraries. Included are the Library of Congress call numbers, under which each is likely to be cataloged.
- However, if you prefer buying instead of borrowing, just click on the title. The links which take you directly to where that title is available for online purchase via the Amazon.com online bookstore.
- One of my most prized possessions is a 1945 edition of The Thurber Carnival, which my parents gave me. Here's a picture of me reading it.
- Collecting Himself: James Thurber on Writing and Writers, Humor and Himself,
|by James Thurber, Michael J. Rosen (Editor)|
- Is Sex Necessary? or Why You Feel the Way You Do,
|by Thurber and E.B. White, New York and London: Harper & Brothers, 1929.|
|LOC Call Number: PS3539 .H94 I8|
- The Owl in the Attic and Other Perplexities.
|New York and London: Harper & Brothers, 1931.|
|LOC Call Number: PS3539 .H94 O9|
- The Seal in the Bedroom & Other Predicaments.
|New York: Harper 1950.|
|LOC Call Number: NC1429 .T5|
- My Life and Hard Times.
|New York and London: Harper & Brothers 1933.|
|PS3539 .H94 M87|
- The Middle-Aged Man on the Flying Trapeze.
|New York: Harper & Brothers, 1935.|
|PS3539 .H94 M5|
- Let Your Mind Alone! and Other More or Less Inspirational Pieces.
|New York: Universal Library, 1960.|
|PS3539 .H94 L4|
- The Last Flower: A Parable in Pictures.
|New York and London: Harper & Brothers, 1939.|
|PS3539 .H94 L35|
- Fables For Our Time, and Famous Poems Illustrated.
|New York and London: Harper & Brothers, 1940.|
- Further Fables For Our Time.
|New York: Simon and Schuster, 1956.|
- My World - and Welcome to It.
|New York: Harcourt, Brace, 1942.|
|PS3539 .H94 M9|
- Thurber's Men, Women and Dogs.
|New York: Harcourt, Brace, 194|
- The Thurber Carnival.
|New York and London: Harper & Brothers, 1945.|
|PS3539 .H94 T5|
- The White Deer.
|New York: Harcourt, Brace and Company, 1945.|
- The Beast in Me and Other Animals : A Collection of Pieces and Drawings About Human Beings and Less Alarming Creatures .
|New York: Harcourt, Brace and Company, 1948.|
- The 13 Clocks.
|New York: Simon and Schuster, 1950.|
- The Thurber Album; A New Collection of Pieces About People.
|New York: Simon and Schuster, 1952.|
- Thurber Country: A New Collection of Pieces About Males and Females, Mainly of Our Own Species.
|New York: Simon and Schuster, 1953.|
- Thurber's Dogs: A Collection of the Master's Dogs, Written and Drawn, Real and Imaginary, Living and Long Ago.
|New York: Simon and Schuster, 1955.|
- The Wonderful O.
|New York: Simon and Schuster, 1957.|
- Alarms and Diversions.
|New York: Harper, 1957.|
- The Years with Ross.
|Boston: Little, Brown, 1959.|
- Lanterns & Lances.
|New York: Harper, 1961.|
- Credos and Curios.
|New York: Harper & Row, 1962.|
- The Fireside Book Of Dog Stories.
|New York: Simon & Schuster Row, 1943.|
|Jack Goodman (editor)|
An anthology of dog stories with an introduction and illustrations by Thurber.
- 92 Drawings: A James Thurber Retrospective (exhibition catalogue).
- 92 Stories.
|New York: Avenel Books, 1985.|
- Tales of the Diamond : Selected Gems of Baseball Fiction .
|edited by Laurence J. Hyman and Laura Thorpe |
New York: Woodford Publishing, 1996.
(Contains "You Can Look It Up" by Thurber)
- Thurber on Crime .
|by James Thurber, Robert Lopresti (Editor) |
Mysterious Press, 1991.
- James Thurber : Writings and Drawings (Library of America, 90) .
|by James Thurber , Garrison Keillor (Editor) |
Library of America , 1996.
- The World of James Thurber .
|by James Thurber, Henry Morgan (Reader)|
The Audio Partners Publishing Corporation , 1989 .